Many people in L&D are overwhelmed.
Blame a new trend. Or “Shiny Object Syndrome.” (Surface level stuff.)
It doesn’t matter.
But the fact is it’s hard for people to stop and think about what works.
Over the years, I’ve taken a step back and thought about what works consistently.
And it always comes back to buried and forgotten fundamentals.
You see, what truly engages is DEEP. And is invisible to the eye.
You don’t “see” storytelling. (You feel it.)
How do you talk about something that is invisible, and, also, competes for attention with new, loud, and tangible shiny objects?
It isn’t sexy to talk about a method that predates writing. (Even if it works and is dead simple.)
This has confused me. I’ve spent years thinking about it, figuring out how to combine powerful storytelling principles with new digital learning. This video shares what I learned.
Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments?
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER:
1. What triggers a Story-Based E-Learning module, and why you need to start here.
2. Why you never sit and write a story from scratch.
3. What’s a fast way to get your story started and on the right track.
4. 5 things to capture from your Subject Matter Experts that will make for a compelling story.
5. The elements of story and how to think in a sequence of events.
6. A ‘secret’ method from Stan Lee that will make production agile… and fast!
7. How to layer ‘story structure’ on your ‘lesson structure’ and how to make sure it’s a seamless fit.
Check out the video and let me know what you think in the comments below?
To Your Success!
Ryan Martin & the team at ElearnerEngaged.com.