Is there a Hollywood trick you can use to boost e-learning engagement?
Anything that will compel your audience to finish the experience?
Hollywood storytellers make capturing attention seem so easy.
And, that’s why using one simple “Hollywood trick” can 10X engagement.
But, great films are SO engaging, they’re borderline hypnotic.
It’s hard to see the “engagement tricks”, right? You were probably in a trance-like state when you watched your favorite film for the first time.
Well, todays video shows one Hollywood trick your favorite film used, and how you can apply it to e-learning.
Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments?
Here’s what we cover:
1. What secret ingredient do most e-learning designers miss when they first attempt Story-Based E-Learning?
2. Why it’s the job of the learning experience designer to engineer engagement at planning stage, and not at the development stage?
3. What engagement trick do all great films have in common regardless of genre?
4. Why lack of action isn’t what’s holding us back, but our limiting or false beliefs, and how Hollywood taps into this fact. (this make films ultra emotional!).
5. How storytelling mimics life, which is simply a series of events where you seek to overcome obstacles that stand in the way of achieving your goals. (important e-learning design lesson here).)
6. How the best stories are motivational, aspirational, and inspirational, and how your e-learning should do the same.
7. Why Story-Based E-Learning is a path to transformation, and it’s best to make that crystal clear. (otherwise who cares.)
Check out the video and let me know what you think in the comments below?
To Your Success!
Ryan Martin & the team at ElearnerEngaged.com.